Our Books - Poetry

Songs of the Okanagan.

Vernon: Okanagan Historical Society of Vernon, B.C., 1944. First Edition. Small Octavo. Stapled Card Covers. Fine 31 pp.; frontispiece line drawing by G. A. Meeres, 'The Cliffs of Enderby'. The lyrics... [read more] | $15.00

Vital Candle: Victorian and Modern Bearings in Gerard Manley Hopkins.
[Gerard Manley Hopkins] John S. North and Michael D. Moore, [Eds.]

Waterloo, Ontario: University of Waterloo Press, 1984. 8vo [216mm x 136mm]. Cloth. Fine. [vii] [3] 4-155 pp. A collection of presentations from the Proceedings of the International Conference held in... [read more] | $45.00

English Scottish and Welsh Landscape 1700 - c. 1860
Betjeman, John and Geoffrey Taylor (Compilers)

London: Frederick Muller Ltd., 1945. Second Printing. Octavo. Pictorial Hard Cover. Very Good [vi] [2] + 121 pp. 12 lithographs by John Piper; 2-page prefatory note - titled "Apology" - by John... [read more] | $45.00

First Flowering: A Selection of Prose and Poetry by the Youth of Canada.
Frisch, Anthony (Ed.) [ Dennis Lee ]

First publication of Dennis Lee (Alligator Pie) Toronto: Kingswood House, 1956. First Edition. Octavo. Cloth. Near Fine / Very Good -. This anthology of verse arose from a competition amongst Secondary... [read more] | $40.00

Mystic Poetry: Rupa Gosvamin's Uddhava-sandesa & Hamsaduta
Gosvamin, Rupa (Ian Brzezinski, tr.)

San Francisco: Mandala Publishing Group, 1999. Octavo. Cloth. Fine / Fine. [xiii] + 203 pp.; Foreword, Introduction, Abbreviations, Map of Vraja, and extensive notes. Two of the most important works of... [read more] | $35.00

Evangeline
Longfellow, Henry Wadsworth

The Bobbs-Merrill Company, Indianapolis. Dating from 1866, this illustrated edition was published in 1905, with numerous reprints without date in the following years. Quarto, 132 pp.; 31 illustrations... [read more] | $20.00

Poesies Nouvelles: Les Nuits / Lettre a Lamartine.
Musset, Alfred de

Paris: Les Editions Parisiennes, 1906. Octavo (20 cm). Wrappers. Very Good -. With a planned weekly release in this format, the present volume is from this publisher's "Oeuvres completes d'Alfred... [read more] | $30.00

Rhymes of a Rolling Stone
Service, Robert W.

In a flannel shirt from earth’s clean dirt, Here, pal, is my calloused hand! Oh, I love each day as a rover may, Nor seek to understand. To enjoy is good enough for me; The gipsy of God am I; William... [read more] | $30.00